Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Facebook iFrame 405 error

Just got done following Xara's instructions on their FB page to create an iframe page for my own FB page. All went well and I think I followed the instructions to the letter. I can put the address of the iframe page into a browser, secure and unsecure, and the page comes up just fine. Inside Facebook however, I get this:

HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Any ideas as to where my error might be?

The addresses are:
    http://fb.northidahoins.com/
    https://ssl.perfora.net/fb.northidahoins.com/

Default Re: Facebook iFrame 405 error

Well, I've had no answers yet, but I do have an update. Searching around the web, I found some suggestions that MS servers treat these iFrame requests differently than Linux servers. I have used MS server hosting for some time, but I do have access to a Linux hosted site so I tried loading my page on the Linux server last night and it worked just fine. I'd like to avoid switching all my domains, email accounts, etc, etc over to another platform because it's a lot of work. So, I have a new question. If anyone is familiar with how to do a workaround to make my MS server accept the request for the file, I'd appreciate knowing that. I found some references to just renaming the htm file to aspx or some such, but I haven't found anything that worked so far. I'm hoping some server genius can help me out!

Default Re: Facebook iFrame 405 error

I only use linux servers anymore, so the below may or may not help you.

I don't know what version of IIS you are using and am working from a likely faulty memory here. IIS disallows POST to .html content by default if I recall correctly, which is what I think FaceBook uses (or use to use). You may need to configure IIS to allow POST method for the text/html content type.

As well, IIS6 can corrupt some information while serving the page if there is a server configuration issue for the type of content being served. MS has a fix on their site for this.

From a quickie Google search--that I don't know will help you or not:

1. Start –> Run –> inetmgr
    2. Websites –> website/domain name in question
    3. Right Click on the domain –> Properties –> Home Directory –> Configuration
    4. In the tab Mappings –> Add an extension for .html and .htm , if it is missing (most cases it will be missing) and edit to add all verbs (POST, GET, HEAD are needed)
    5. Fields to be added are as below,

Executable : C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
    Extension : .html
    Limit to : GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE

And Click Apply.

Take care, Mike