Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm using Dreamweaver MX under Windows XP and have tried unsuccessfully 5 times to install your extension in Dreamweaver. I downloaded the product from your website. Then proceeded to try and install the extension. The program installs correctly on my computer, the extension does not install correctly in Dreamweaver MX.

Each time I install and follow the instructions for installing the extension, your installation process adds a menu item in Insert named WS4DWExObject. There is no additonal menu item that I can find called Menu Maker.

When I click on the WS4DWExObject selection, I receive an error message that says:

WebStyle 4 is not installed.

I didn't install WebStyle 4, I installed Menu Maker.

I've installed 5 times, and uninstalled 5 times now.

Somehow this installation process should be easier to add the extension to Dreamweaver.

BTW - when I look in Manage Extensions in Dreamweaver, no Xara products are listed. The first time I installed Menu Maker, the installation of the extension in Dreamweaver corrupted another extension I had installed.

I had to remove the other extension.

I don't understand why the Menu Maker Dreamweaver extension I downloaded doesn't have the expected file extension. Perhaps I misunderstanding something?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mari:
    i am having the exact same problem!!!!!!!!!!!would like to see a answer from someone on how to fix the problem correctly. i'm beginning to think that this place is a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i found the answer,haven't tried it yet let me know if this helps.
    ok. i went to support, webstyle FAQs. then clicked onto the dreamweaver extentions . then just it should be on the bottom of the first page.click on,

Why does my Dreamweaver insert menu show WS4DwExObject (or similar) instead of the proper menu?

I've got exactly the same problem. I also tried to reinstall, checked the FAQ, but couldnt't fix the problem. Can somebody help?
    Thanks,
    vivi_

Your problem 'might' be related to the FrontPage issues as well. It seems that the uninstall process is incomplete and by using RUN - REGEDIT to remove old installs, the new install works properly.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=14099