Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FTP/New directory help

Hi Everyone,
    I am on an ftp learning curve and could do with some help.
    I have created my own website on my local hosts sub domain. www.Visualmedia1.co.uk

I want to be able to show my clients work on a sub directory from my site as a draft for approval using filzilla ftp.

Using filzilla, from the Public_html i have created a new directory and tried to upload the clients website draft to the new directory.
    When I preview on my site my site appears but the link to the clients new directory can not be found.
    Do I need to create a sub directory from site manager as well as from the Public_html for this to work.
    My reason for doing it this way is I do not particularly want clients seeing the website in design view.
    I am sure I have read a post somewhere on this and have searched the help files both in Xara and filzilla but cannot find any information.

If someone could point out where i am going wrong I would be very grateful.

Thanks in anticipation
    John

Default Re: FTP/New directory help

Create a new folder on the server and give it an appropriate name, for example ClientX.

Then publish the website you want your client to see to that folder. Publish to this folder just like you would publish your website to the web hosts server, with an index.html file and an index_html_files folder.

Then provide your client with the link Visualmedia1.co.uk/Clientx or whatever the sub folder is named.

Default Re: FTP/New directory help

Thanks for your help Gary it was really appreciated.

John