Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: file issues

Question file issues

Hi all,

I've created a company /productwebsite www.concertoselection.be and it works fine... BUT now the company asked me
    to make the the company website... This means that the number of pages grow...
    The file I have is 10 Megabytes... and 24 pages. Export publish preview and my system hangs/ (win 7 64 bit 4GB)

Any solutions what it can be? What is the maximum file size?

All help is welcome!

thx,
    Gert
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: file issues

There are 36 unoptimized JPEG images (most of the pastries are over 1000 pixels wide at 300dpi) Optimise them as this saves a lot of data overhead.
    I just did this and your 10Mb .xar file becomes 1.17Mb when saved.

However, the problem has nothing to do with large bitmaps as exporting also hangs my machine (also Win 7 64 bit 4GB) at 21% - Xara crashes after about a minute, so there's another problem here. I suggest you open a support ticket with xara and point them to this thread so they can study your file.

Thx for the info. I've just send it to the support team. But maybe this info might help.

when you take a look at the product-pages, you have the "frames" with the product specifications. This was imported from a pdf. and it are all bits and pieces forming the "frame". So to make it come up faster I grouped them and gave them a 1% transparancy so that XARA sees it as a bitmap.
    Maybe the conversion of that is the problem?

I'll try to make my own frame with vectors. and see if that is what is holding me from publishing.

Thanks for the advice.
    Gert

What program are you using?
    I had similar problems with DP6. DP7 works fine.

Hi,

It's the Web Designer 7 Premium version...

Grtz,
    Gert

I used a older version of the file and copy-pasted the data from the file above to the new file. It exports the data, but just before publishing I get an error... Internal program error 718.K.PU.OP
    in xara 6 I get internal error 555.K.PU.OP
    Xara Support did not answer my question. I need help and fast... What can I still try to get my site to run.

Gert

The main problem with this file is that you have set lots of things to have "Popup photo" link type. As only the width is specified, if you have a very narrow object with this set then the resulting popup photo bitmap ends up being very tall indeed. E.g. if you apply a 500 pixel popup photo to an object that is 1 pixel wide and 100 pixels tall then the resulting popup photo ends up 500 pixels wide (as specified) and 50000 pixels tall. There is at least one object in your document (though I haven't tracked down exactly which one) that tries to create a 900x460000 pixel bitmap which requires about 1.6 gig of memory.

I suggest that you open the link dialog and go through each page selecting objects in turn. When you find an object that isn't a reasonable image thumbnail but does have the Popup photo link type set then set it to None and click apply. Then go on to the next object. The tables of products on pages 5 - 24 all seem to have Popup photo set but I think there are probably quite a few others lying around too.

Gerry

thanks Gerry,

sorry for the late reply, but I was on a holiday...
    Your suggestion was correct ! There was a fine line that was not part of the group of lines (tables) but wich was also selected as a photo-object (with transparancy)
    Xara had problems calculating it... Once I grouped it with the table all problems where gone.

thanks a lot for the great support!