Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Testimonial Page w/Arrows for Navigation

I have been using Xara Web Designer for the past year and have to say I love it! It is an amazing software package!

I would like to add a new feature to my website and can't seem to create the desired effect in Xara. I would like to feature a testimonial page with a text area on the left and photo of the bride and groom to the right of the text. I would have testimonials from the past couple of years in chronological order starting with the most recent going back in time to the most distant. Underneath the text field I would like a forward and backward navigation button along with an item number of the testimonial being viewed. Does this sound like something that is possible in Xara Web Designer 7 Premium?

Here is a proof link to my website that I am currently reworking. http://www.platinumbeatdj.com/test/testimonials.htm This captures the desired layout minus the navigation buttons or multiple testimonials.

Thanks in advance for your help!! Mike

Default Re: Testimonial Page w/Arrows for Navigation

Welcome to TalkGraphics Mike

You could do this with Layers or by using the new Presentation feature (Here's a Workbook on how the Presentation feature works http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook88/)

Or you can create a new layer for each testimonial. Use your arrow buttons to navigate from one layer to the next.

Thanks Gary!! I had not used the new Presentation feature. It is GREAT!

Is it possible to use a placeholder on a webpage and display the presentation in the placeholder?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemcc View Post
    Is it possible to use a placeholder on a webpage and display the presentation in the placeholder?
    Yes. You can place presentation within the iframe in the body code placeholder.
    John.

covoxer, how do I actually place the presentation within the iframe in the body code placeholder?

Thanks! Mike

Create your presentation as a separate design. Export it. On you page place following in the placeholder:
    Code:
    <iframe src="my_presentation.htm" style="width:100%;height:100%"></iframe>
    Where my_presentation.htm is a reference to your presentation.
    You'll have to upload your presentation to your web server separately.
    John.