Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Scrollbar Text with Rich Text + Navi Size

Ok, if someone could please give the best solutions to the following problems I would greatly appreciate it. I have read through the posts in search about navigation bars and scrollbar texts. I cannot seem to find the correct answer to the following questions:

1.) I need to figure out how to add vertical scrollbars to rich text, without having to code the spacing and the bold stuff in HTML? Is there a way?

2.) I need to be able to resize a navigation bar to specific widths no matter how many buttons are in it. Even if I click off and unlock the "keep aspect ratio" button I cannot seem to manually adjust the pixel width and height to what I need. Is there a way to do this.

Please post any and all solutions, these are the last two things needed before I can publish a site for a client and it is time critical. I have searched but the solutions I have tried are not working or I didn't understand them enough to make them work.

Thanks,
    Nick

Default Re: Scrollbar Text with Rich Text + Navi Size

(1) There is no native graphical way to do this in Xara. You either use divs with some CSS and HTML formatted text in a placeholder or create a new page with your formatted text and load that via an iframe (more HTML in a placeholder).

(2) You can do this if you uncheck to 'Adjust button widths to labels' and 'ungroup to edit graphics' via the Nav Bar Properties box. You can then resizing the bar from the info bar. If you stretch the text along with the graphics and don't want this, you can ctrl+SHIFT select each text object and on the text tool infobar set the text aspect ratio back to 100% (do this for the mouseover and mouseoff layers). Once done, you can reset the bar as a 'navbar' again.
    (Sample attached where I have done just this)

Alternately create your own custom navbars at the exact sizes you need from scratch?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for the help. I got the iFrames working (mostly) and the navi bar ungrouped and resized. Question: I know how to regroup once the resize is done but how do I make the bar a nav bar again rather than just a bar?

You should be ungrouping from the Nav bar dialogue not the 'arrange menu'

Click the NavBar icon Name:  navbar.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  856 Bytes

BTW: Your profile indicates you have no Xara software

Thanks again for your help. I can not seem to find the icon. Perhaps it is in a different version I am using Web Designer 7 Premium.

>>Thanks for the heads up, I'll update my profile

Select the Navbar goto Arrange >> Edit Navbar

Ok, I still do not see how to turn the newly resized aqnd grouped buttons BACK into a navbar. Here's what I have so far:

I have:

Created Nav Bar
    Ungrouped via Nav Bar dialog
    Resized
    Duplicated on each page
    Held Shift and selected all buttons
    Regrouped

Now how to I turn group of buttons BACK into a nav bar?

Thanks again, all of these response are helping myself and my partner learn this new program and we definitely appreciate it

Ok I found the icon but that brought up the create nav bar prompt. It then resized everything. I was able to get the size within 1 pixel. Still think I got lucky this time though. We'll see.

Use the same Arrange >> Edit Navbar to convert it into a Navbar again.
    The Navbar will appear on all new pages automatically. If necessary you shouldn't repeat it on pages until after it is converted back to a Navbar.

You got it, we posted at the same time