Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using the Photo Gallery Widgets

I find the various photo gallery widgets useful in my designs. But I can't figure out how to make modifications to them. I drag and drop a widget onto the active page and have no problem dragging and dropping the photos I want to use onto/over the existing placekeeping photos that are part of the original widget. But I would like to have the ability to change the number of photos in each row, change them from portrait to landscape and add additional rows to the widget. Removing rows is no problem, of course.

Is there any place I can go to learn how to do these things? You can view the current website at www.karissalade.com and pull down either of the two links in the "Gallery" menu at the top of each page.

Again, what I want to do is:
    1. Change number of columns
    2. Change photo format from landscape to portrait or visa versa
    3. Add additional rows to widget

Thanks for any help, guys/gals...

-Dr. Bob
    Last edited by covoxer; 29 June 2011 at 03:26 PM.

Default Re: Using the Photo Gallery Widgets

Hello Dr. Bob

I have this pain in my shoulder, do you think I have frozen shoulder? I am not.... (sorry just kidding).

What you have currently is a pop up gallery. You click a thumbnail photo and a larger version pops up.

I don't think this is actually a widget. Just a pop up photo gallery. But there are many things you can do with these popups which are basically HighSlide pop up objects. Here is a link to Steve Ledger's HighSlide Tweaks.

You can duplicate the thumbnail images and make a new row using the duplicate function. Then replace the thumbnail photos by holding down the Ctrl key when you drag and drop a new photo. A pop up dialog will open asking if you want to replace all instances of this photo or just the current instance (words to that effect). Just replace the current instance. If you do not hold down the Ctrl key, the current image will change but also the image you duplicated.

Hope this makes sense.

Default Re: Using the Photo Gallery Widgets

I've tried to add rows and columns to existing gallery2 but when I drag and drop lots of photos onto it I end up with lots of duplicate photos in the gallery, not one of each. I'm trying to make a one page gallery with about 60 photos but the easy drag and drop all photos method isn't working after I add new rows.

Edit: Just realised that by copying existing rows in gallery I had copies of the same photos so drag n drop + autoreplace was leading to duplicates. I needed to make sure each photo was unique after adding the rows for drag and drop + autoreplace to work properly.
    Last edited by xtom; 02 July 2011 at 01:42 AM.