Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: web templates

Default web templates

can i import web templates from the web into xara pro 7? i have pro 6 now but going to upgrade over the weekend

Web Templates (do any of these import into xara?)
    HTML/XHTML/CSS Template
    Flash Website Templates
    PSD (Photoshop) Website Templates
    Joomla/ Drupal/Wordpress/ OS commerce

thanks! XARA Pro AWESOME!

Default Re: web templates

Probably not unless they were designed in Xara.

Because Xara is not a html editor it cannot import any pre made web templates other than it's own .xar or .web design files.
    But as Xara is so easy and enjoyable to use, it's reasonably simple to use the graphics from 3rd party templates and build the pages in xara yourself.
    There is a tutorial at the xaraxone which expands on this -- http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest91/

Hi earthprints, as shapeShifter and Gary said, Xara is not an html coder, and personally, i prefer to do the html code from Zero, but designing all under Xara.

Then, You can't import HTML/XHTML/CSS Templates, Flash Website Templates,Joomla/ Drupal/Wordpress/ OS commerce., but you'll can import PSD (Photoshop) Website Templates, although maybe you will must to do again the image slicing under Xara.

Obviuosly, you will ever can create graphics under Xara and, with a little of Html,css & php knowledges, you will can create nice Personal Templates for CMS (I did it for Wordpress ).
    Last edited by Imagine; 17 June 2011 at 07:49 AM.

pgd6 Re: web templates

Hi earthprints, as shapeShifter and Gary said, Xara is not an html coder, and personally, i prefer to do the html code from Zero, but designing all under Xara.

Then, You can't import HTML/XHTML/CSS Templates, Flash Website Templates,Joomla/ Drupal/Wordpress/ OS commerce., but you'll can import PSD (Photoshop) Website Templates, although maybe you will must to do again the image slicing under Xara.

Obviuosly, you will ever can create graphics under Xara and, with a little of Html,css & php knowledges, you will can create nice Personal Templates for CMS (I did it for Wordpress ).
    Last edited by Imagine; 17 June 2011 at 07:50 AM.