Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with text when publishing page from Xara Graphics

I am publishing a single page to a web site with Xara Graphics 7. The program is publishing all of the text with a font size of around 10 or 12 points, regardless of what I set them at in Graphics. I also lose all formatting, color, bold. In the preview website view everything looks fine. I tried using arial and tahoma fonts.

Default Re: Problem with text when publishing page from Xara Graphics

Please post the .web or .xar here so we can have a look
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

kingfbWiDriveRoller3PreContest.xar

I am new to Graphics, if I wanted to create png of the text is there a easy way to do that within the existing project? Thanks

Scratch this question I found the Create Bitmap selection in the sub menu. I would still like to know why the formatting is not working. Thanks
    Last edited by laguna92651; 14 June 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Your formatting and case display fine in all browsers here. No change from the way it shows in Designer at all.

One thing I see, you have most of your design on 'Layer 1' instead of MouseOff layer.
    This is because you are creating the page using a 'document' template and not a Web template.
    Go to Options>General and place a tick in the box under document handling which says 'Document is intended to be a website'

From Xara HELP
    Document is intended to be a website
    This option tells Xara Designer Pro 7 that the document is primarily intended to be exported as a website. It subtly changes the behavior of the program in terms of how it handles links on objects. With this option turned off, if you apply a link to an object which is inside a group, that link will do nothing in the exported website because the whole group is exported as one image and so the link on just one of the group's members is ignored when exporting the website. However with this option turned on, the link is automatically promoted up to the group, just as if it had been applied to the group instead of to one of its members. So for example if you inadvertently apply a link to the text on a button, instead of to the whole button, with this option on the link is applied to the whole button for you. This option is on by default in all web templates.

Confirm that :-)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Putting the text into a text area or column is an idea too

Okay guys ,thanks for the help. I'll play around with it some, I'll try other browsers on my end.