Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: About 3D possibilities in XTreme ?

Quote Originally Posted by ODdOnLifeItself View Post
    So, if you say it was not off-topic, then it was not.
    No James that is not how it works, here or elsewhere, as you well know

And yes you were being helpful, but now in your last post you are being self-righteous
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I really don't want to argue about this. As the original poster was curious as to whether the image was Xara or an actual 3D program, I gave an example. By comparing the Blendered image with various Xara attempts, the user (stephane_fr) can decide what look he's going for and the best way to get there. (I love Xara software, there is nothing to be insecure about, it performs!)

As I said in my original reply, that image CAN be drawn in Xara.

John did an excellent job. There is an "error" on the shadow on the 7, since there is no surface for the shadow to "land" on other than the floor and at that distance, it would be softer than the near shadow on the cube. Still, a great replication of the original graphic, confirming what *I* said that it could be drawn in Xara.

Re: "flying a kite"

Meaty, beaty, big and bouncy... (my apologies to The Who)

One more thought... without the 3D image, the original poster could only compare Xara to Xara and that was NOT his original question.

Peace

James

I really don't want to argue about this....
    then don't
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve, we'll just have to disagree on that one.

If I said that I was working on a project and needed a very good spiral for it and several people drew spirals in Xara and then someone else posted that there was a free stand-alone program that makes great spirals, would everyone line up to ream him a new one and tell him that without the Xara logo on it, it is an unspeakable?

I would hope not, but now, I really don't know.

Peace

James

Please don't fight together because of my simple question

@ODdOnLifeItself : About "complementary" : I was thinking that it is generaly possible to use Xara for vector works, to import them into a 3D soft to use it. Anyway that's not a current way to work in 3D softs I guess (I owned one 5 or 6 years ago that did it, but the results where not really good - anyway I am not very easy with 3D softs as you can understand )

Another thing : after analysing, I think the rendering results of the works I spoke about at the beginning of my post are realised thanks to the "multi-stage graduated color fills and or transparencies" possiblitities.

I am a bit shamed but I didn't find these 2 possibilities before (must be a bit new - from Xtreme 4 for instance ?), and that's a very very good new, giving new possibilities for my works
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

no and that is fair enough - but if you posted up examples of the spirals, I would want to see analysis of how they compare to xara product in a xara thread
    Last edited by handrawn; 03 June 2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo and clarity
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello stephane_fr

Don't think of it as fighting... picture unruly brothers and sisters...that's closer to reality. I have respect for everyone here... when they are right and when they are wrong.

By the way, you mentioned about making something in a vector software such as Xara and importing it into 3D software to use. That IS possible and it works very, very well. If you'd like to try it, might I suggest the SVG output from Xara as the starting point.

Good luck...and if you find just the right look that YOU are going for, then I am happy, whether you use Xara, Blender, or two broken crayons.

Peace

James

Thank you for your tip of SVG output : I will remember that
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

One other thing, stephane_fr,

If you have Xara 3D, you can directly pull in vector objects from Designer Pro, etc. into Xara 3D, using simple cut and paste...

...and can go back again the same way.

Peace

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 03 June 2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Clarification

unruly brothers and sisters..
    c'est très vrai
    Nothing lasts forever...