Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default EPS Files - Designer Pro 7

Hi all,

I am trying to import some EPS files for a web project from DVD from a printing house to Designer Pro 7 - Pro 7 just will not open the files, is there any reason for this?

I thought Designer Pro 7 could open EPS files.

Regards JLT

Default Re: EPS Files - Designer Pro 7

It is a very old import filter! If .eps files were made in Adobe products it is highly unlikely that they will open. If you do a Google search in TalkGraphics there're ways that it might open through NotePad. If Bill reads this thread he might be able to help. Also if you know anyone with a copy of AI or the file is small enough to be uploaded here members could help you open the file as all is not lost.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Do you know what application was used to create the .eps files? If not you can open one of the .eps files using notepad and read the text to see what application was used. See attached image.

Typically if an .eps file conforms to Adobe Illustrator 8 or older is can be imported into a Xara vector application. Files created with Adobe Illustrator CS4 & CS5 can and often do have a .eps filename extention but are internally .pdf files. This will be obvious when looking at the file using notepad.

An .eps file created by CorelDraw imports well but I'm not sure which versions can be used.

BTW some .eps files are created in Photoshop and do not contain vector data. See second attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ford-eps-txt.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	82126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoshop-eps.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	82127  

Last edited by Soquili; 01 June 2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you for both your replies,

I had a friend who had a copy of Illustrator and he has opened them for me. Thanks for you comments though.