Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Photo Alteration

We humans like to put everything into nice neat little boxes Madalynn, whether they fit or not. I'm going to say that word, photo, photo, photo. There I feel better.
    The truck graphics look great Madalynn.

Quote Originally Posted by M1SS D3V10US View Post
    I find it hard to believe the B.S. over an informal term (slag) of "photo", but you're welcome, nonetheless.
    The reason you find it so hard to believe is that you are incorrect in thinking 'photo' is slang. The term is an abbreviation of a word with a deep history, and is used in English to distinguish that process from other methods. You don't hear digital artists say, "I'm creating a photo of a car." They create 'renderings' of cars, because that word represents what they are doing. Now, if you used a camera to take a picture of your computer screen, and it had a car on it, you could say you took a photo, but it would be wise to distinguish the fact that it wasn't of a car out in nature.

When you start using words loosely, you stop communicating effectively, and you muddy the waters for others who are trying to get their ideas across.

That's my $0.02. Take it or leave it.

Best wishes,
    David

Just learned the problem is on Sony's side: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/photo/. Hmmmph. Didn't know they used the word 'photograph.' The term 'virtual photo' works here, as you used in your tutorial. (Good job on it, by the way!)

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    Just learned the problem is on Sony's side: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/photo/. Hmmmph. Didn't know they used the word 'photograph.' The term 'virtual photo' works here, as you used in your tutorial. (Good job on it, by the way!)
    Thank you, on both counts.
    ~ Madalynne ~
    a.k.a.: M1SS D3V10US, a.k.a.: Sharkie

| My TalkGraphics.com Albums | Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 98 |

You did a great job on the alteration. I like the details you incorporated on the body of the vehicle as well as the changes you did on the background. Keep up the good work!