<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Moir:

I am having this issue and here is what I noticed.

For the Xara X1 demo:
When I click on the Buy link on the opening or closing screens, nothing happens. Same for the link to Xara.com on the closing screen.

For the Xara X1 demo AND my registered copy of Xara X:
When I click on any of the links under the "help" "Xara on the web" menu, I get the message, "The xaralink utility could not be found." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eky, i can reproduce the behaviour you have encountered and believe it could be down to your firewall/other internet security software.

Tests shown below

1. I run Xara X
2. from the splash screen, i click on buy xara x now
3. Zone Alarm displays an alert asking whether i wish to allow xara x to access the internet.
4. I select no
5. subsequent clicks on buy xara x causes my open browser window to be displayed but i am not directed to the xara site
6. I click on try xara x now and from the help menu select xara x on the web and then xara xone causing the message 'the xara link utility cannot be found' to be displayed
7. i close xara x and clicking on any of the links from the closing splash screen causes the same behaviour as step 5
8. I click on the close button and restart xara x

9. I click on buy xara x now. Zone Alarm displays an alert asking whether i wish to allow xara x to access the internet.
I select Yes and directed to the xara site.

This also prevents the error from step 6 and 7 from occuring.

Thanks