Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Automatically cutting around image & making background transparent (using XPGD6)

Seems it doesn't work as a ps plugin anymore but if you apply deeppaint as the bitmapeditor in dp7 (so dp6 should work too) it does work
    Oh I know it's old but has great features and a magicwand
    FYI two of it's developers also created kai's powertools and are the creators of the painting program ArtRage

Hans

Default Re: Automatically cutting around image & making background transparent (using XPGD6)

I wonder why Xara hasn't yet put a magic wand into the Photo Tool... they've already put a lot of other bitmap-editor-like features there Just like the "Enhance" stuff modifies the bitmap data itself, a Magic wand could just do the same and modify the alpha channel...
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

Quote Originally Posted by instinctive.de View Post
    I wonder why Xara hasn't yet put a magic wand into the Photo Tool... they've already put a lot of other bitmap-editor-like features there Just like the "Enhance" stuff modifies the bitmap data itself, a Magic wand could just do the same and modify the alpha channel...
    +1 yes

Was a bit to hasty or it hadn't registered yet.
    it works as a plugin still.

Hans

is that copy legit?

RonC

@RonC,yes the deeppaint2.0 program is a legitimate(freeware)copy
    (downloaded it myself again to test)

Hans

okay well i tried to external edit to PhotoShop cs3 erase to alpha, and then ctrl-s... looks like its default saving to bitmap.psd, but it isn't updating with an alpha in xara.... in the options I made sure it was set to .png Anything I'm doing wrong?

if you get a save dialog box in PS it's not working

been awhile since I actually used this feature but as I recall it may not work if you use more than one layer in PS [it's only a shortcut - for serious work you open PS fully - right?]

I used to remove backgrounds with magic eraser, which only needs one layer

EDit - you should be okay if you flatten in PS before saving [ ok a bit obvious, but just thought I'd add in case]
    Last edited by handrawn; 01 June 2011 at 09:06 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ah maybe ive been using ctrl-shift-s... hope to figure this out... At home I will have to use another option, since I dont own photoshop at home, and i am not a software pirate perhaps deeppaint, gimp, or something similar