Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Getting "Out of Memory" message

Working on a multi page website and am getting an Out of Memory message from XWD7P. I did find a thread here about optimizing the JPG's. This is not a photo heavy site, but I did that anyway, saved and closed the site, re-opened and immediately got the "out of memory" message again.

Don't know if it's related, but I am also having trouble re-sizing one of the pages. I changed the length, but it doesn't change when I preview it.

Default Re: Getting "Out of Memory" message

It sounds like WD7 has a wild hair up it's bum.

What you might want to do is open another instance of WD7, so that you have two programs open.

Create a new website with the same number of pages as in the site that is giving you error messages and see if you can copy the pages from the out of memory document and paste them into the new document. I know this is a PIA but it is worth a try.

If this fails then try going back to the out of memory document. Close it and go to File > Open Recent...

Scroll down to the bottom of the list and try opening some of the backups. If this works you may need to reconstruct some of your document towards the last saved portion.

Let us know how this works out. It is a real bummer to have something like this happen and it does not create a positive user experience.

Default Re: Getting "Out of Memory" message

Also, it may be worthwhile you opening a support ticket at support.xara.com and uploading the file so that we can have a look at it in case there is some odd bug involved.

Gerry