Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I do an advancing thumbnail strip?

This site has been a great resource! But I am stuck. I would like to have an "advancing" thumbnail strip - meaning a strip of 5 photos moves to the next strip of 5 photos etc on click of a button. Then...when a photo is clicked within a strip, it pops up to a larger image layer below. I don't want a slide show. Everything works fine until when clicking a photo in any strip (slide 6, slide 11, slide 16) the correct photo layer appears, but the current strip reverts back to slide 1, instead of staying on the current strip. Highslide does not come into play until the larger image layer below is selected. Hope this makes sense, looking at the file would probably help explain my problem, but it is too large to attach and zipping the file did not work for me. Any help appreciated!

Default Re: How can I do an advancing thumbnail strip?

Can you post a link to an example of what you are referring to. Your description is not bringing anything to mind. If we can see what you are referring to then it might jog our memories.

Thanks for the reply. I have attached a sample file. Basically I want to have several thumbnail photo strips, each showing photos linked to the larger photos below. Click a "next" button to advance to the next strip. All works until I advance to the second (or 3 or 4 etc) strip. Click on a photo and the correct photo shows below, but the current strip does not stay in view, it reverts to the strip on mouse off. How can I get the current strip to stay in view? I don't want flash or a slide show. I have tried having additional layers for the mouse off layer, slide layer etc. I guess maybe what I need is a way to lock the current popup layer strip in place until I advance again to the next strip? I tried a "mousedown" layer but that did not work either, not sure I understand "mousedown" anyway! The larger photo below will then be linked to its own popup layer. Appreciate the help!
    advance thumbnail sample.web

See attached.
    You can read more about locking layers here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...anced-features
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John.

Thanks so much, that was about as simple as it gets! The thread is great information to have.

John - Did you create the MouseOver 1 layer or was it a duplicate layer?

I have created it. It's a mouseover layer for the "Slide1(lock)" pop-up layer.
    John.

John, Thanks again! If I want more than the 2 thumbnail strips, let's say 4, do I just repeat the layers and put the popup:close on the last strip? Does the mouse off picture layer need to be it's own strip so that the linking will work? Appreciate it!

No. With more than 2 it's getting more complicated. You'd have to use both open a and close commands as described for locking layers. Also, as you have both locking and not locking pop-ups, there may be some other issues.
    John.

Thanks! I'll work with this for now!