Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara 4 + Magix Photo Designer 7 ....DID I buy at the wrong time?

Most users are not even aware of the MAGIX application being installed so there was no issue with confusion or public acceptance.

Frankly I'm quite surprised you brought up the question after several years of the bundle being distributed.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Most users are not even aware of the MAGIX application being installed so there was no issue with confusion or public acceptance.

Frankly I'm quite surprised you brought up the question after several years of the bundle being distributed.
    Hmmmmm....but how sure of that can you be? This is my take on it:

I can't speak to the people you come in contact with outside of a forum, but IME when it comes to designing a product that you want to go viral, you have to bring every last possible piece of the product into the no-brainer category. I've been involved in nothing but startups my whole life....I've been face to face with this issue a number of times.

The fact that there is a question that rises to the level of "huh? Well this might work" but rarely to the level of "I'm completely stuck" (and hence asking for help) does not mean that the former is an impediment to public acceptance.

You didn't state this as such, but you might see it as the cart before the horse to imply that public acceptance is just fine because there are a number of people using it. The statement to analyze is How many people are we tacitly losing?

I'm beginning to think your question actually had nothing to do with the older applications.

Are you wondering of the Xara Web Designer 7 is different from the old MAGIX Photo Designer 7. The answer is yes it is very different.

I'm not a Xara employee nor a forum moderator.

I simply try to help answer peoples questions but often while the poster knows what they think they are asking it is not what they have posted.

Sorry if I misunderstood and gave a reply that simply further confused you.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

..and I am not a Xara employee either, I am a Xara [and not a Magix] USER - and I look at it from that point of view - this is a USER forum, not a company one...

your original question, post #1, was about photo designer and xtreme - your last sentence there, and screenshots, make that clear I think

so I'm not really clear either as to what you are now asking in post #12

giving legitimate software away free does not usually disadvantage a company, but it would be better if, during installation, the user was given the option IMO - and more might make direct use of it

but you do not need to know photo designer is there to use xtreme - so exactly how do you think it is 'tacitly loosing' customers

as far as Bill's last point goes: a 'web designer' is quite different from a 'photo designer' - that in itself is a no-brainer
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Probably the most confusing thread for some time.

oh surely not
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve, and Bill, no, my original questions stands as what I was asking. Post #12 was just a reply to the notion of
    Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    That the "most users not aware" thing is itself not clear, and that the issue with confusion or public acceptance might well be pronounced. {shrug} Take it or leave it, I didn't see it as a new question or an argument. Just a furthering comment. I'm betting there is an issue with confusion and public acceptance, but that's thumb-to-the-wind guessing based on what I was able to handle and not handle. YMMV of course.

And yep, the original post was well answered. Thanks!

What's neat about Xara, is that you can have it open any photo bitmap editor you want, when you double-click on an image. I have my Xara 5 hooked up to old Paint Shop Pro 6, which i like because it opens so fast, has layers, and itself uses all the Photoshop 8bf filters plus most others that work with old Photoshop 7.

As far as Xara and Magix, I have no idea. Like the other posters here, I'm really into Xara -- it's an excellent commercial-art program, you can get so much done really fast. And what we're seeing in Web Designer 7, features like Magic Snap -- they will go into Designer Pro 7 (or whatever they call it now) -- you will truly want to upgrade, when it comes out in a month or so. Unless Magix loads it up with a ton of useless-feature bloatware. I worry about that. My Xara Pro 5 runs fast on a dinky Acer 10" netbook, I love it, because I can work anywhere so easily with 6-hr battery life...

Quote Originally Posted by jon404 View Post
    Unless Magix loads it up with a ton of useless-feature bloatware. I worry about that. My Xara Pro 5 runs fast on a dinky Acer 10" netbook, I love it, because I can work anywhere so easily with 6-hr battery life...
    Well the classic hope is that the application manufacturers have the app configurable so that what you get for abilities are essentially plug-ins that you decide on. {shrug} Dunno.