Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Exporting text - Format problems

Try following.
    Copy your text in WD and paste it to MS Word. Then copy the text in Word and paste into WordPress.
    John.

thanks covoxer, I'll give that a ty.

I just tried pasting from both WD7 and again off my website. In each case, all the text is copied, but itcomes out as a continuous stream of text without the individual line formatting and without the links.

And, as I may have mentioned, when I copied off my website and directly into WordPress, all there links and copy are there, but without the inidividual line breaks...it was again a continuous stream.

Any other ideas?

Does this have anything to do with the way text is posted initially into WD7?

Somewhere...I believe I spotted it here on the boards...some discussion about adding something and that 'something' I don't recall - to maintain the formatting.

As a side note, I had a guy complain to me that he tried to copy an article off my site and while all the text was there, it was the same situation - when he pasted the text into Word none of the original formatting was there.

Have you tried to copy from WD to MS Word? This does preserve everything including formatting and links.
    John.

When do You need this? Are You in hurry? If I find some free minutes I can do it for You - if you find no solution. But rather next week.

covoxer: I tried MS Word - not working.
    Last edited by blekk; 05 May 2011 at 08:21 PM.

Hi blekk,
    no, I'm not in a hurry but I'm looking for a way to do this on a recurring basis, so I'm looking for some solution for my work flow. It's weird, I would have thought pasting into Word would work, but it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by blekk View Post
    covoxer: I tried MS Word - not working.
    What exactly is not working? It works perfectly here. It also works with WordPad or any other editor capable of handling RTF.
    John.

This may be a little off topic but something I found I had to do with D6 Pro and WD7 that I never had to do with XX5. When I have an object - say a graphic or whatever, in XX5 I just put the text as I wanted it and it would upload and display correctly.

In the other programs, if I don't group the text with whatever it is on the formatting is messed up - text is much larger in size and does not stay on the object as placed. Took me a while to realize one has to group text in the web programs to get it to show "as is" in the program. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Yes, I tried copying directly from WD7 and my website and it does n ot preserve the formatting. Additionally the links are gone.

BTW covoxer, if you have a moment, you might give it a shot - copying text from my site and see what happens: www/the247newsroom.com. I just can't get it to work directly into WordPress, or by trying to use MS Word.