Hi all- i'm new to WD7 having spent many years making websites using dodgy HTML and crafting images in packages like Serif PhotoPlus.

I've been looking into ways of creating a base website using WD7 (it makes lovely looking pages in an easy way- and with a bit of imagination and nice choice of imagery it's a winner) that can link to easily updatable dynamic pages.

As far as I can work out so far the key choices for making "news" content as queried in this thread boil down to:

Manually updating a news page by editing and re-uploading a Xara WD7 produced website (which seems like a big job for the stated goal) each time you wish to add a fact / news item

Linking to and displaying a summary of a twitter account using the twitter widget

Simply adding a link to a blog site (eg blogspot) and accepting that there will be a loss of webstyle due to the difference in appearance of the two platforms

Using a second party widget (like widget box- it'll cost you a few £$£$) and hosting the headlines from your blog page on your Xara website with a click-through for interested parties.

I wonder if any of you long-experienced Xara webmasters have a preferred solution that allows you to easilly add (preferably through a web interface) news / updates / contemporary content to a Xara WD produced base-site. Such a capacity seems like a simple requirement for a website creation product?

Any links that display your solutions would be apprecieated!

Mark