Marc

Default Re: Feature Request: LivePaint / Paint Bucket tool

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    There was an easier way
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I use Live Paint tools in AI fairly fequently and like the PS style colour fill proposed by inkscape but like other people have mentioned it would be better if the fill would be vector and not bitmapped. Yes this would be a good tool to used in Xara but my request would be for a vector style fill as in AI.

Everyone are making requests at the moment for better and different tools at the moment. My simple request would be to ask the Xara removes all the small bugs that have been reported for years and to sort out the programme that we have got especially in the brushes area. I have no interest on how the brushes are rendered and how it is technically done I just wish that I had brushes in Xara as I have in AI.

I agree with you.
    I am just trying out Xara Designer Pro 6, and I am very disapointed it does not seem to have a live paint bucket tool as in Illustrator, nor a Smartfill tool as in CorelDraw.
    That is how I color images all the time.

Regards.

As is appropriate for Easter, a thread brought back from the dead <g>...

Then again, one can simply drag and drop a color from a pallete or gallery. With the color picker open, one can select another object and drag its color onto other objects. Or select an object, copy and choose to paste attributes.

I come from a CD, AI and PS background. While the methods in XDP6 are different, at the end of the day I personally find them equally as quick and or as easy.

Take care, Mike

Hi Mike

as I recall the main point [for me anyway] about the inkscape and the illustrator fill methods discussed here is that the vector shapes do not have to be closed - oh and the inkscape fill tool will fill areas in bitmaps as well as vectors........
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ah, I've seen a thread or two about open paths and fills. Thanks for clarifying--I couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing...

Another application I use (mainly for photo editing) is PhotoLine. It too can fill open paths (it does both image and vector stuff).

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open_path.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	81181  

Considering the improvements accumulated until current XDP version (365 / v12.8), is there already any tool similar to LivePaint / Paint Bucket tool?
    Thanks for info!

nope.. no progress on that whatsoever... sorry

I must admit to preferring the unfilled shape containing no fill as opposed to a line containing a fill.

Was it Artworks or Draw that used to allow unclosed lines having a fill? Too many years ago for me to rember.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ah, still active...

DrawPlus X8 added the ability to fill unclosed space but with a too low a tolerance threshold for what constituted an acceptable gap. But it works.

It would be a nice addition I suppose. Especially for people drawing/sketching. Which isn't me so much.