Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change WD7 to lighter format?

I did a search but did not find anything.

This was asked when Designer 6 came out - how to get rid of the dark format - so it is somewhere on the forum if I knew how to word a search.

Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Change WD7 to lighter format?

Try
    Alt + Shift + Control + S ... works in WD7; changes the goofy dark gray background to older Xara 5's much more legible light gray.

Somewhat related... an old advertising-graphics tip ... NEVER have light body text on a dark background ... too hard for your ad or brochure or webpage's readers. If your art director or client insists on reversed body text, try to keep the reversed area as small as possible, never a full page ... and increase the font weight from regular to demi-bold or bold to make it more readable.

Of course, you can reverse out a headline ... large, usually bold letters ... but the small body text, never, if you want people to read it. Exception of course would be legalese, which you could render in 5pt Times Roman regular, white on black background.

And I hope upcoming Xara 7 defaults to a light gray background, even if every other graphics program is using dark gray. Ugly is, simply, ugly ... no matter what the going fashion!

Default Re: Change WD7 to lighter format?

Hey, Jon - how about light gray text on that dark background?

It blows my mind - doesn't take much - to think that the people that are so great at building programs like Xara don't understand the very basics of web designing and the no-no's involved. You would have thought that after all the flack they received after the dark Designer 6 they would have listened.

And your fix works perfectly - I, and others I am sure, thank you. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com