Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If anyone has questions such as Jonathan's about licensing please email the jobs@xara.com address.

I'm passing on a message, so won't be able to answer any questions I'm afraid.

Apart from, it's true, Santa Claus is just a lie.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Xara can import AI 8 files Klaus.

I know this is not much of a help for AI 10 and CS.

And John, Klaus was suggesting a layered import for Photoshop PSD format.

Acrobat 7 will be released this January and among the best of the new features is the ability to correct PDF files created in previous versions of Acrobat.

I use the PDF/X designation for giving files to printers as this pre-flights the file and makes sure that all fonts are present, and checks colors, line weights and other things before it certifies the file PDF/X.

Version 7 can now automatically make a file PDF/X complient.

Also the Acrobat 7 reader will have the ability to add notes to a file without the need to have Acrobat.

No grass grows under their feet at Adobe.

Gary

Great news. Yea, Xara X will be really something when this next release comes along!! It already is but improved import and export filters are really key these days!!

Thanks and Happy New Year to one and all! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<LI>Illustrator
    <LI>Photoshop
    <LI>PDF
    <LI>PDFX
    <LI>SVG
    <LI>Flash7
    <LI>EMF
    <LI>CorelDRAW
    <LI>Freehand
    <LI>Xara XML
    <LI>CGM
    <LI>AutoCad DXF

DXF is what I really need but I miss the Acorn Draw format for export as well. I still use some Acorn machines (to drive a cutter plotter for example) and the Windows version of Ovation Pro likes the Risc Os Draw format too. It is nice that Xara X has Acorn Draw import but why not add the export too, can't be that complex when import is already there. Doesn't need all the effects of Xara X in the conversion, outlines and plain colours are good enough for me.

On a much more basic note, I was wondering if there are any plans to increase support for alpha-channel exports? For example, one problem that hampers our use of XaraX for game development is that it doesn't export 32-bit TIFFs or TGAs (ie., it only exports RGB, no alpha). It also doesn't seem to have options for pre-multiplied alpha vs. non-pre-multiplied alpha. These are really simple additions since you've already done all the hard work of supporting the formats...

- Casey

Unfortunatelly big part of graphic routines
    in Xara is taken from thirdparty developer
    Snowbound.
    So, this question not to Xara
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by

OT: Does this mean that there will be a proper layer palette with layer effects in the next Xara? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I want the layer palette to display nested clipviews, damnit! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

And perhaps more on-topic... would a PSD Xara file contain actual (Photoshop) paths, or the image converted to pixels? Or both?
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.