Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Can Videos Play inside of a Frame?

Actually, "name" attribute is being kept in HTML 5 and will move forward as the identification of the frame for specifying links to change content.
    HTML 5 will also also continue to support "id" which is a global attribute which can be applied to many objects, including iframes.

This is the basic iframe with a name applied starting on a page called iframe_content.htm
    <iframe src="iframe_content.htm" name="iframe1"></iframe>
    And this code would cause a link to open in that iframe:
    <a href="http://www.talkgraphics.com" target="iframe1">Xara Graphics and Web Design Forum</a>
    The "frameborder" attribute will be eventually replaced with "seamless" attribute but since HTML 4 is still the most used, it is still viable for quite sometime to come.
    Since the frame is normally seen, it makes more sense to just specify when you want to turn it off.

I am excited that "sandbox" will be an attribute to specify the types of actions that will be performed in the iframe.
    Sadly, the scrolling feature is being dropped. There are times I have specifically wanted to turn off scroll bar and that will no longer be supported..

That page/site was build long before Xara came out with Web Designer or offered HTML options. Originally it was specifically designed to show how iframes could work with another site builder I was using and tutoring on, but grew over time and is pretty popular in forums. I plan on revising the page with some more samples and addressing HTML 5 changes at some point. May do that with Xara Design Premium. Am really enjoying working with this program...
    Last edited by samrc; 03 April 2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added sample code
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)