Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Right side of JotForm cut off when embedding

I have tried with both WD6 and WD7P with the same results. Using the WD JotForm widget, my form, which is 700px wide embeds at 550px with the right side sliced off.

Default Re: Right side of JotForm cut off when embedding

Are you using a placeholder object to contain your script?

Make the rectangular placeholder the same size. If this is still cutting off part of the form then make your placeholder a bit wider.

I have been using jotform a few months and have found that there form sizing is off, so when you set say 300px on the site you need to make the placeholder a little wider. Also I have found that the form field widths display differently on different browsers, I have contacted them about this and am waiting for a reply.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I've been using the code from the pushbutton Embed Form --> Source. Other code styles were giving me a 1,000px wide white frame around the form.

I did find a "work-around". XWD says that the JotForm widget is supposed to automatically generate the proper size placeholder for the form and that does not seem to be happening. So I manually draw a rectangular placeholder of the correct size, then use the JotForm widget to make or edit my form, click "Embed" in JotForm, select the Xara option, and copy the code. Then, however, I cancel the widget rather than using the "Insert" command. I go back to XWD and in Webform Properties select the Insert HTML in body option and paste the code, check the regenerate image automatically box, and apply. This is cumbersome and not how it is supposed to work since the widget is supposed to automatically generate that placeholder. The other problem is that although JotForm can tell you the width of your form, you don't know the length until you paste it. Therefore you have to first paste it a few times and tinker with the placeholder before you can determine the exact length. It works, but I just wish the widget did what it is supposed to do.

Hi gophigure2. The form from JotForm will be inserted within a container (placeholder) that is 550 px wide regardless of the width of the form. Once back within your web designer document, select the placeholder and set its width to the required value.