Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PDF's turned black on export

I tend to use the export filter as it is more configurable. Your right about the stroke and you should change all your lines that are internal to shapes as there are not recognised by the filter as they have different ends than usual. The main reason for the black is "Trap" because of the overprint. I quickly tried to clone each shape and then take the fill off that shape and convert the line to a shape. The file now is not all black only the area around the egg. If I have time I will try and sort this out for you, might be tonight as busy now. If you use the "Page and Layer gallery" you can quickly duplicate remove fill and convert to shape and the get the right stacking order without going to the box itself.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: PDF's turned black on export

I have run into this problem as well from time to time. My solution was to split each problem object into separate strokes and fills. Oddly, I never considered using a print driver to create PDFs in Xara, since the export was built in, as compared to MS Word, for example. I'll give it a try, see if I get better results.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com