Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: repeating text

Default repeating text

I am using Web Designer 6, and used the repeat function to repeat a few elements to each page. Now every time I type text to one page, it shows up superimposed over the existing text on all the other pages. How can I make it stop?

Default Re: repeating text

Your description sounds as if the text shows up on the other pages as soon as you have typed it. Is that really what you meant? Or did you mean that it shows up on the other pages as soon as you choose "Update repeating" from the menu? That would indicate that you have made the text repeating by accident. That can happen if the text is in a group with other objects and you have tried to make some other object in the group repeating. WebDesigner always makes the complete group repeating in this case.

If the text is in a group (you can find out by clicking on the text using the Selector tool - the status line shows you what kind of object is selected), then ungroup the group, deselect just the text, and if that leaves you with more than one object, recreate the group. Then choose "Update repeating", which should update the copies of the group on other pages without the text object.

If the text is not in a group, then select it in the Selector tool and check whether the "Stop repeating" menu option is available in the Arrange menu. If so, use it to stop all copies of the text being repeating and then delete the copies from the other pages.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Anita.

Repeating objects can be a mixed blessing.

Let us know if wuerthne's suggestion works.

Thank you for the suggestions. I was getting the text on each page while I was typing it. I did something (don't know what) and it went away. The learning curve can be frustrating when I don't get the expected result of an action and don't know why!

How can I stop repeating text in XP5?
    Best regards
    Javier