Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Transparency for the Web

I have no problem with transparency in Xtreme. I cannot seem to get it to translate to the internet. When I convert to PNG or Gif I get no transparency just a black rectangle. I know I must be blowing it somewhere along the line, but can't figure where and how. Any input greatly appreciated.
    thnks, Giddyup

Default Re: Transparency for the Web

Is your PNg file True+alpha chanel? Xar original setting is True color not with alpha.
    JIm

I'm feeling a bit simple here. I see nothing in extreme that alludes to True Color and Alpha. Didn't see anything in the PNG export that gives me those options. I'm missing something.
    Giddyup
    PS: I did find True Color in the PNG export dialogue box
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 17 March 2011 at 08:29 PM.

This is the export options box - is that not what you have? You can select with alpha transparency or not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	80540

This is Xtreme 5. The PNG export window shows the 2 graphics side-by-side, what it is and what it should look like as a PNG. The Options tab gives you an Interlace check box and a check box for exporting as layers. It looks to be the same as your display, but where is the Alpha Option selected. Well I just located True plus Alpha. Of course it was right under my nose. Thanks for helping me to dig further and locate it. I've done everything I know to do, but still there is no transparency to the file when exported and checked on the Internet.
    BuddyB
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 19 March 2011 at 03:47 PM.

The funny thing is when Previewing in the PNG export box it shows the transparency, but in practical application it doesn't work.
    Giddyup

are you saying that when you import it back into xtreme the transparency is not there - that it is different from the original ?

have you used any plugins?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I haven't tried to bring the file back into Xtreme. I've simply tried exporting the transparency as a PNG for use on a Website; so far no fortune. In the PNG dialogue True Color and Alpha are selected, but the exported file is solid, no transparency. And I just brought the PNG into Xara and the transparency is excellent. So, I will have to dig around and see what the problem is. In the PNG Export dialogue box the preview shows as it should, so I'm really puzzled at the moment. Back to the drawing board I guess.
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 20 March 2011 at 02:07 PM.

ok - what I was suggesting was that you do import it back into xtreme, and see if it is different from the original or not when you do this

when you say the exported file is solid how are you viewing it to determine this

and have you used any plugins - the black rectangle you mention sounds to me like you might have

can you post up a xar file that contains the object before export...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Issue resolved! After fooling around with the Web app I use I finally discovered that it is an idiosyncrasy in the program I've been using, Web Studio 5. Thanks for the input. I would not have resolved the problem without the thoughtful input from you great Xarites.
    Giddyup