Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Skin!

Default Re: New Skin!

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Doesn't lose the kindergarten logo
    There's no need to be insulting.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Thumbs down Re: New Skin!

So, we waited this long, for THIS?!

Yeuch.

Don't like it.
    Will never get used to it.

The old logo is 100% better than the new one.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone
    IP

I like it.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Bollilx, my previous post did not get posted. At least I don't see it.

I agree with M. Beretgascon. When I first checked in an hour ago, my first thought was I had stumbled onto a pre-school or kindergarten site and not a cutting edge graphics forum. I don't dislike the logo design but I probably would not have keyed my skin design on the purple and pale yellow. That is not insulting, it is an honest criticism.
    IP

Hi,
    I just came back from my grandchildren pre school and they had a similar design on the Pin board with the same colors "Talk-be polite-be considerate.." they must have visited the forum
    JIm
    IP

I waited for so long! Finally, it matches my avatar well.
    John.
    IP

It came as a complete surprise to me when I was contacted out of the blue a few days ago, months after the contest ended, to be told that my logo submission was the winner. A majority of 'somebodies' therefore must have voted for it I assume. Unless its fix? There was a poll I believe, I didn't vote myself I'm afraid.
    Until today I had never seen the new forum skin. I didn't vote for or against that either and didn't even bother to look at the options when the voting was current. I just didn't see that the skin of a forum was in anyway particularly important. I visit such forums to share knowledge and look at work submissions. But I assume a majority of those who chose to vote must have voted for this particular skin, so either they are all now hiding behind their sofas or it was another fix.
    I cannot believe the apparent venom being sprayed in the direction of this particular, very insignificant, issue. In fact I haven't known anything like it since Xara Designer changed colour and people had to press two keys on their keyboard to change it back to the old look.
    I'm afraid this petulance has lowered my opinion of a number of the users, not because of the criticisms of the logo which was the limit of my personal involvement, (I get worse criticism than that at times about important stuff that people are paying for), but more the 'after the fact, hindsight enriched wisdom' now on display. If it's all so awful now, where were you when you could have voted it into oblivion?
    I've already forgotton what the old skin looked like, pink and green wasn't it? If only there was a button at the bottom we could press to make it go back to how it was. A small sticker placed on the screen in the top left hand corner would cover up the logo and then all would be right with the world once again.
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 18 March 2011 at 09:11 PM.
    IP

So this is what happens when you use up all the nice crayons, and have to use the ones you've got left..
    IP

...don't like..I had the same feeling... with all the pastel colors and the logo....
    "Rage"
    John S.
    ------------
    js-designz.net
    IP

I'd be very curious as to how many people that didn't like it also contributed some designs.

It seems to be the norm with new logos... a rush of people to go "argh, I hate it" and "argh, I'll never like it (I've been looking at it for 2 minutes and I kjnow this for sure" and "argh I can't even visit the site anymore".

That's not just from this site... forums in general, or the Olympics 2012. Testing a new forum software somewhere else, and some people said they "hated" it after mere minutes of trying it.

Thankfully it's the vocal minority... most people will happily use the site and not give it a second thought.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP