Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: "What is Creativty?"

Lateral thinking is holistic, perhaps thinking in 3D rather than 2D or even 1D [linear thought]. I totally agree that it should be included as a form of "Creativity" as it utilises Socratic/Platonic Dialectic - deconstructing to build the "Truth". It is totally creative
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

My highest score was in Random 'thinking'. Just like my life...I'm a little bit all over the place . I was greatly relieved to understand that this was not the same as insanity ....tho some days I do wonder

Well, I spent a good 8 years working with various 3D applications having done some forensic animation for court proceedings, as well as created 'gobs' of 3D fun. Although I still dabble, working with 3D taught me lots about light and shadow - more than I ever learned in art school. And sometimes I incorporate 3D creations in my 2D maps.

But the point I'm making is that I think in 3D, even though I create 2D maps. So as I create I see the map in 3D, and to some degree that understanding comes off in the map and the viewers see depth where none truly exists.

Not the same as 3D thought, I understand, but I agree creativity is more than just lateral thinking, but that is a step in the direction towards taking the irrational and making it rational through applied non-linear ideas with creative results.