Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WD6 Adding php files.

Alright well ive been trying to get this to wrok for the past few days with no luck, i feel like im missing one tiny step.

but what i am trying to do is add this. http://gameq.sourceforge.net/#games
    to xara web. what is included is bunch of php files and folders.

how do i get this to work, to show up on any page.

i have uploaded the files to another directory but since there is no install file, i just get a 404 page, do i need to add these files to xara then link an xara page to the files, idk ive tried many things, theres got to be a way.

let me know what you come up with.

Default Re: Adding php files.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Where is this material coming from and in what form are these files in?

Does the server you use support PHP?

Do you have the web page that includes the PHP code named with a .php filename extension?

Previewing a page with PHP code will not work, you must upload to your web host that supports PHP.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Does the server you use support PHP?

Do you have the web page that includes the PHP code named with a .php filename extension?

Previewing a page with PHP code will not work, you must upload to your web host that supports PHP.

my webhost is godaddy and they support php, if you dl it, its jsut like any normal php, i guess project or whatever you wanna call it. it has folders and files. the only thing is that normally, lets say phpbb3 or a php league ladder, stuff like that have an installation file. but this one doesnt.

so i dont know what to do with it. upload the files where? stuff like that. how to get it to show on xara? or where do i put the files to show up on a www.domain.com/phpfile.

i know stuff about about website set up, ftp, some php etc. i just need a noob explanation for this.

I did a little test on those php files: http://bknilssen.no/X/gameQ/
    Exported to the web and made a folder called 'php' inside the gameQ folder where I put your files.
    Works fine with this code inside a HTMLplaceholder rectangle:

<iframe name="gameQ" id="gameQ" src="php/example.php" width="100%" height="100%">Your browser does not support iframes </iframe>
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bjornkn View Post
    I did a little test on those php files: http://bknilssen.no/X/gameQ/
    Exported to the web and made a folder called 'php' inside the gameQ folder where I put your files.
    Works fine with this code inside a HTMLplaceholder rectangle:

<iframe name="gameQ" id="gameQ" src="php/example.php" width="100%" height="100%">Your browser does not support iframes </iframe>
    ill test it out, thanks man ! alot

sry but im a lil confused, exported the gameq files to the web ( web meaning ftp, to your site?) adding another directory ? then inside that directory you added the gameq files then in side the gameq files you added a folder names php and added what files to that?

ok i figured it out, reread what you said and i got it to show on a xara page.

i just got all of that

didnt add a server

but i didnt see all of this on your example.

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 9 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 9 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 11 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138

Warning: stream_socket_client() [function.stream-socket-client]: unable to connect to tcp://62.75.214.162:10011 (Connection timed out) in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 119

Warning: stream_socket_client() [function.stream-socket-client]: unable to connect to tcp://62.75.214.162:10011 (Connection timed out) in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 119

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 12 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 14 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 25 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 7 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 7 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138

Notice: fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 13 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/content/15/7311615/html/php/GameQ/Communicate.php on line 138
    GameQ - Example script

First I exported web site from Xara to a local folder.
    Then I used Filezilla to make a new folder, gameQ, inside my X folder
    I uploaded the Xara export files, index.htm and the index_htm_files folder to that folder.
    Then I made a new folder inside gameQ, named php.
    Into that folder I uploaded all the files/folders from the GameQ.zip file, including the folder GameQ, which now got the path: X/gameQ/php/GameQ.
    I could have named my gameQ folder something else to avoid confusion I guess?

Maybe this from the project file could shed some light on your error/comm messages?
    2. Requirements

You'll need PHP 5 to use the library. GameQ also needs permission to use UDP ports, since these are used to communicate with the gameservers