Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default xara webdesigner web publishing ftp problem

gday guys/gals, have built a website using xara web designer 6, have exported it to folder and went and filled out the details for the publishing to ftp server, this is where i have stuffed up, i didnt put the correct address for the server and now i cant upload the website, it keeps asking for the password for the ftp server which is correct (have confirmed with web hoster) then iget error from xara web designer saying "failed to connect to FTP server, a connection with the server could not be established"

is there a way in xara web designer to reset the web publishing logon details, many thanks for the help

Default Re: xara webdesigner web publishing ftp problem

web properties>>publishing tab
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Welcome to TalkGraphics cooloola archer

John is spot on. I was having the same problem and I am supposed to know what I am doing.

Click that globe icon (Website Properties) then click the Publish tab.

You can give your settings a name (Profile) which is useful if you are working on more than one site at a time. And you can have WD6 save/remember your publish settings with the document including your password.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	publish properties.png 
Views:	567 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	79852  

Welcome from me too cooloola archer!

If you need a step-by-step guide on how to publish your Xara designed site, you should have a look at this tutorial:

How to Publish Your Website

Gary is right in saying that you should set up a profile for the site you are trying to upload and re-enter the correct FTP details to be associated with that site. You shouldn't have any trouble publishing your site after doing this, as long as you use the correct FTP profile each time you update.

hey guys many thanks and sooo obvious when you slow down and have a look ( my bad) lol, now the next problem is i get this as the webpage once live can someone have a look at

www.cooloolaarchers.org

when i open the htm file on the puter it looks fine and has all pages and links work at a lost sorry to be a pain, and once again many thanks appreciate it

It looks like not all your support files were uploaded, because when i look at the source code it looks fine, but the graphics files referenced are not found on the server. Your index_htm_files folder might not have been uploaded with your .htm files.

I'm not sure what could have gone wrong, but you could try file > Publish website and go through the steps again and the program should automatically export and upload all the necessary files to your server. Any files that are duplicates will be replaced, and any that are missing will be put in place.

If this doesn't work then you might have a conflicting index file already on the server which doesn't have a support folder so appears blank. If this is the case, delete it and the index file you want to use will be visible.

Hope this helps... please let me know how you get on so that i can advise you if you are still struggling.

well guys many thanks jonlake you were right i had shist everywhere on the server with multiple ties etc deletd everything and uploaded again now to link files and photos many thanks once again

Looks good now!

Glad you managed to sort it out.

greatful for the help, but now i add/change the webpage and when i publish it the online webpage does not reflect the changes neither txt or gadgets many thanks for time

Not sure what changes you made, but the site looks good on my side. Sometimes you need to refresh your browser after making changes. Remember that your browser (Internet Explorer for example) stores some information about pages you visit in order to reduce loading time when re-visiting.

Try refreshing the page using the refresh/reload icon in your browser or by pressing F5.