Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with text area / FULLY JUSTIFY in Webdesigner 6

Hi there - I need some help again!

I woul like to publish a website with fully justified text are - the problem, as soon as it´s published, the text are isn´t justified anymore and the pictures, that are set as repeal text under are in some areas above the text area.

Here´s a test website - the screenshot/picture below the test page is what I want to get - and the website above the picture is what I get after publishing - sadly....

http://www.newcomeronstage.de/newcomer_test.htm

many thanks in advance for any help! all the best from Germany/Munich

Marty

Default Re: Problem with text area / FULLY JUSTIFY in Webdesigner 6

Hello Marty,

Maybe you could share the program file so that we can look more closely...?

By the way, nice Tele and congrats on the 52 kilos!

Peace (from München)

James

Looks like you have compressed the text horizontally by scaling the text area with the selector tool rather than the text tool. Browsers cannot render compressed text.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi there ODdOnLifeItself! You´re from Munich, too? Cool! So we could do this in german? Yes, the Tele is really cool!

Well, I´ve added all the files and uploaded it to Megaupload - maybe you can take a look to it!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UV4UCSBJ

Hello Martin,

Re: Tele

Well, for the design to survive since the 50's, it shows that there was something very, very right about it. I too have a nice Tele. It's cherry red and has 3 pickups. (Texas Specials) I have a music store friend who helped find it for me. I originally wanted a Strat with fixed bridge, but he said this Tele was a much better idea. He was right!

As for the design problem, John (above) is correct. You have the text box with an aspect ratio, which is causing all of the problems. As soon as I deleted the old text box from your page and re-imported it into your document at 100% (ie. no skewing), the text behaves as it is supposed to, fully justified.

Select your text object, go to the Text Tool and look at the indicated data field in the graphic below and you'll see what I mean... yours was skewed to 91.27%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TextSkewing.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	79432

Re: German

Das können wir, aber mein Deutsch ist immer noch ein bisschen schlecht!

Good luck, Marty

Peace

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 19 January 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Hi James, do you play in a Band, too? What kind of music?

Many thanks for your help - well it looks really good when I do it like your and John´s suggestion, but as soon as I add links to some of the words in the text area this happens to the text area - its not happen, when I upload the page without the links.

see attachement or the uploaded webpage here: http://www.newcomeronstage.de/newcomer_impressum.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	79436