Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: A third of the forum visitors than last year, it seems.

To be fair, many people are saying that they go to XU because of all the web talk on TG - which was a fun place, should be a fun place [as well as informative] but isn't anymore. People who support and would like to promote Xara products now have a choice; Tg, Xu, or - as myself and others display by helping here - both. There is no dichotomy. There is no dilution.

Xara/Magix promoted Jose Campoy's 'graphicsrecipes.com' in the Outsider so they're not averse to other sites extolling the virtues of Xara products.

XU links to the XaraXone - it's far too valuable a resource to be scrapped by Xara/Magix. Xu is not only fun but is building as a valuable resource as well.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

this, of course, is going to depend on what you think is fun..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Of course. Choice.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

On the subject of web talk versus graphics or design talk, TG has built up many thousands of pages of answers to Xara design questions over the years. Many TG members simply search this board for answers already there. Since WD is relatively new, its users have many questions that are not as easily found. It’s only natural their questions will dominate under these circumstances.

Another point is that the economy has been suffering since 2008, and there is less money being spent on art as a result. When artists have less work they have fewer questions. As business improves TG will become busier, and cycles like this can be expected with any large forum over the decades, especially when they travel through a global financial meltdown.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

It is not from the new mods, it could be partly from the economy as many people may be busy trying to survive in these tough economic times. everyone is welcome here except for spammers And with the new look coming soon and the new mods we are on track to bring the communitty back to being a popular place people enjoy being a part of.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Interesting- thanks for the responses. I won't ask "what happened here a few months ago" as I know I won't get the real answer, mostly because of dragging up useless past, but also because of rules... Oh well, hope it continues to revive. On the other board-- competition, how can that be bad? I think of one car company vs. 3 - innovation and progress happen faster when there's not just one game in town, no?

Yep, it can be many things, but it is also true that there are two groups now.
    One more interested in Vectorwork and the other more in Webdesign.
    And ofcourse the group that wants both.
    And I won't comment on competative versus cooperative, I would like
    to keep it light. The only competition I am for, is with myself, 'better yourself'.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Yep, it can be many things, but it is also true that there are two groups now. One more interested in Vectorwork and the other more in Webdesign.
    This is an inaccurate assessment, for reasons provided in post #14.

Well I can`t go against a moderators opinion, that is how the last problems started
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Well I can`t go against a moderators opinion, that is how the last problems started
    In my case 'moderator' is just a nice name for spambot killer. Speak your mind, man.