Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Your test works perfect in your movies, but when I transfered the knowledge and ideas to mine...no luck...BUT..I may have identified the problem.

The buttons that sets the variable in the level 0 movie are in a movieclip on the timeline. I think that that fact is keeping the variable from getting set properly.

To test this theory, I created a regular button on the stage (not in a movieclip), assigned in onclick set variable action and the loadmovie action and it all worked. I then put the same button INSIDE the movieclip on the timeline and it did not work.

So it seems as if the variables are being set INSIDE the movieclip but not for the level 0...?? Do I have to pass the variable first back to the main timeline fromthe movieclip somehow so that the loaded movie on level 2 can see it (as in your example)?

See the attached version of your firstmovie.fla file. I added a movie clip containing a button with the actions (like in my movie). See how it does not pass the variable correctly.

Again, thank you thank you thank you for your help!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP