Sean;
Oh my...those tiny bits of critical information are the ones that pay off the best. Had no idea that a PostScript PRN and an EPS were the same beast
(my fault, for never being into Macs, I suppose). So what I was doing by thinking I had to produce an EPS through the export dialog, was just creating the exported file before the imagesetting machinery in Xara had a chance at it.

So, if I get the renamed PRN file to the service bureau, they can either run it directly to the printer, or, if they insist on putting it through RamPage (they are heavily sold on it, and insist that it just does EVERYTHING), there should not be much that RamPage does..it's already a RIPped, separated file, so it should just be passed along little changed.

Thanks for that crucial nugget. Now, if I may be so bold, I'm still confused about one thing...what EXACTLY tells Xara that a file created in spot colors IS spot color, and not CMYK? I am under the opinion that to create a spot-color-only file, one simply excludes CMYK colors in the palette used to create the file. (Or rather, the file INcludes only spot colors). Or am I missing some setting that specifically says, "This is a spot color file, not CMYK"?

Thanks and regards,

David