Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Should I build my clients website?

To look at it from the client side - and I have experience with that perspective... it can cost way more in coordination time charges than to just provide TXT and JPG files for the designer to do for me. Even when I know a bit about site design and maintenance.

And, if I muck the site up, the fix is going to be on my nickle. And it's NEVER only a nickle.

From a business standpoint I only see three reasons for client updating:

* A client who is compulsively a control-freaque - and do I actually need that sort?
    * A client who has so much content change that it would be more cost effective to learn to do a site his/herself - which may cost revenue now but not necessarily business in the long haul.
    * A client who need shorter turnaround than I can provide at any billing arrangement for express service.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Jim

Ditto on Artisteer, it's a real time saver.

I played a bit with artisteer, however all the sites created with it, look like blog sites. Also what about other pages, sure the home screen can have one top banner but can the following pages have different banner pictures or flash animation for a banner? Point being that artisteer seems limited, maybe i am wrong but xara is very much open to creativity.