Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I wonder if Xara had ever considered including some basic shapes in their downloadable clip art? This formum gets requests for spirals etc. The cost to Xara would be negligible and would not affect the file size of the program file.
    I illustrate what I mean below. Each shape is a xara file in my shapes gallery. Acknowledgements to Gary and Ivan for some of the tips used in their construction. If anyone thought it worth it the original files could be made available.
    Tony
    PS, the mold envelopes could also be included in a downloadable folder in the same way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shapes.gif 
Views:	443 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	13193  
    Tony

I wonder if Xara had ever considered including some basic shapes in their downloadable clip art? This formum gets requests for spirals etc. The cost to Xara would be negligible and would not affect the file size of the program file.
    I illustrate what I mean below. Each shape is a xara file in my shapes gallery. Acknowledgements to Gary and Ivan for some of the tips used in their construction. If anyone thought it worth it the original files could be made available.
    Tony
    PS, the mold envelopes could also be included in a downloadable folder in the same way.
    Tony

Tony and all,
    Here are couple more shapes which may be useful.
    Their .XAR is posted in the message below.

Name:	Circle_and_Sqare_IsoMetric_Shapes.gif 
Views:	423 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	19631  

Using xara's isometric grid, you should be able to easily resize or reshape the "sides" of each of these objects.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks John for your 3D tip and shapes. I only recently discovered the isometric grid and haven't yet tried it, but will do.
    Incidentally it doesn't seem as though anyone (presumably Xara included) thinks the idea of a downloadable shapes folder is worth pursuing so I guess I'll leave things there.
    TONY
    Tony

Now I have my CD I see that Xara already have some shapes, including a lot of arrows and corners. I guess that just leaves the spirals helixes, sinewaves.
    Tony
    NB I like the patterns on the CD as well as the 2 colour fills....
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    We people across "the pond" have not recieved the CD yet. Are there isometric letters included as shapes? If not I can whip out an alphabet of uppercase letters (probably a san serif font like Arial) in just a few minutes. By the way, the characters become a curve (no longer a font) when "extruded" for Xara. Anyone else want a specific font done just email me and I'll do them as quickly as possible. Its childs play.

If you have Xara 3D it might be fun to see if some of the bitmap extrusions could be used for fills, brush strokes, and/or blends

[This message was edited by John S. Clements on January 19, 2001 at 08:01 AM.]

Below is sample of what the character "set" looks like.

Note, the hidden sides of the extruded backsides of each letter have not been deleted. The process was little more involved than I thought it would be due to some conversion processes. I tried to reduce the nodes for each extruded element as much as possible.

Name:	Isometric_Characters_-_ARIAL_BOLD.gif 
Views:	259 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	19920  

All characters are in one file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We people across "the pond" have not recieved the CD yet. Are there isometric letters included as shapes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi John
    There's no basic shapes folder so far as I can see. There is however an alphabet folder with individual letters given various treatments,
    Tony
    Tony