Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text box nightmare

I am using Web Designer 6. I have created a website in which there are several text boxes. Thing is I keep having this one text box that is not coding right. I have deleted the text box several times and started over, put it on different parts of the page and still its not coding right. The other two text boxes on the same page are exporting as png files, but this one is exporting as text file. Here is the page:

http://www.arkansashoney.com/testimonials.htm

If you look at the source code you can see what I am talking about.

thanks

Default Re: Text box nightmare

Welcome to TalkGraphics

On my monitor the editable text looks much sharper than the bitmap text. And editable text is visible to search engines and can help identify the content on your site.

If you really want the text to export as a bitmap then group the text. This will force the text to be exported as a bitmap.

Ok, then let me regroup my question here. Everything I done up until that text box has exported/uploaded as a bitmap. I dont know what I done to make that box a text file. So my new question is this (since I want it to look good and be search engine friendly) How do I make sure the text boxes I create are exported/uploaded as text files ?

A little background on me. I'm not very HTML smart. I changed from Coffee Cup to Xara just 2 days ago so I am still trying to learn this program. So far I like it much better.

HI can you upload your .web file please?

I am using Webdesigner 5 and if web pages are viewed bu Firefox (Linux) then text goes outside margins. I have tried setting smaller fonts in the text boxes but to no avail.

IE and Firefox on windows seems to work OK..... Can one embed fonts used or what font would be universal?

The previews all look OK.

Try drawing a text box with the text tool first.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

Quote Originally Posted by svanetempest View Post
    I am using Webdesigner 5 and if web pages are viewed bu Firefox (Linux) then text goes outside margins. I have tried setting smaller fonts in the text boxes but to no avail.

IE and Firefox on windows seems to work OK..... Can one embed fonts used or what font would be universal?

The previews all look OK.
    I have the same problem when viewing my websites using Firefox with Ubuntu (Linux). I believe the reason is because the default fonts with Firefox/Linux are different than Windows i.e. Arial, Tahoma etc need to be installed on Linux computer (Have yet to do this). Another option is to use the "HTMLBlockText" name of the text box so that the text becomes more like a paragraph than a bunch of lines. See Undocumented and advanced features . This changes the WYSIWYG layout ability though.