Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Creating a vector stroke?

Hi everyone, I have a question.

I'm having an object who's copy I'm trying to equidistantly enlarge, so that I can subtract the initial object and be left with only a "stroke".

This may sound confusing, so I have attached the image I'm working on. Basicaly I'm trying to recreate it to a vector design. So, I was thinking of making the black area an object, then find a way to equidistantly enlarge it, and subtract it so that In the end I'm left with what you see there as a yellow stroke.

I never really found out how to do something like that, yet I needed it quite often. Could anyone help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TLR.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	77078  

Default Re: Creating a vector stroke?

The way that I look at this logo is that it is a yellow object with a black stroke outline. Inside the yellow object we have various black shapes which have been combined to make at least three shapes. Try and get a font which is as close to the R as possible as well and then convert to shapes. It looks like the first letter is an L which has been flipped. Hope that helps.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Oh wait! Now this is funny! I actually found it lol

With a Contour tool you select Insert Path option. Strange how such realizations always come in situations like this huh? Ah well... Later

Yeah, you're right, it does have a black outline, but I need only the yellow outline. I found a solution, but thanks for your help tho