Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: CDR file import in XX5

Here is a CDr file imported into Xtreme Pro 6
    Motorhead.xar
    JIm

Xtreme Pro 6 Jim??

Are you sure you imported the Motorhead.cdr into Xara?
    Can you explain your steps please?

Hi sorry Xtreme DEsignerPro 6.
    Done it in previous versions also.
    Open the file in Coreldraw, Select all and copy to clipboard, ope Xtreme Designer Pro (I did with previous versions) and select paste A ppop-up comes to select paste farmat "bmp and some others corelDraw CMX selection iis there select that.
    It could be there cause I have CorelDraw installed tho'.
    JIm
    does the file I posted it open right?

Hi Scotty - its good - I get a silly complaint when I open it in XX5 but nothing seems amiss. Says "file produced by different or newer version of the program, it contains some data that will be ignored. Technical details; (4423). Does anyone know what this might mean?

I've got PGD6 but not yet had time to instal it, so that may open it without error. Good job though!

Hi Steve - yes MUCH faster than downloading CD X5

With all your help I now have a file that will probably do the job. Ultimate destination is one of these vinyl cutting companies (you know the ones who make custom graphics for vehicles) to produce this motorhead icon as my motorhead nut of a friend seems to think it will be cool to have a motorhead logo on his car

Thank you everyone for all your help.
    Alan

Hi Alan,
    glad it opened alright, some things in draw don't transfer as expected, and they come in as a group so you have to ungroup them but that shouldn't be a problem. Hope it suits your needs.
    JimM

FYI: Current versions of CorelDRAW have Save As options from current down to Version 7.

In the past if I was on a PC without CDraw, I'd go to the Corel site, download the 30 day trial version, install, do my conversions and necessary editing, then save to a lower version or publish to PDF.

Simple monocolored artwork usually converts nicely to .CMX (corel media exchange) which Xara can import.

It looks like there are a couple of bits that got missed by Inkscape (notably, the dot on the cross, and the the shading under the righthand eye).

I've attached a version created as a PDF from CorelDRAW 11 and imported to XD in case Alan wants it (no offence sledger!). Incidentally, there is a full page white rectangle as per the original, but the first ungroup will detach that without breaking up the face.

Tim.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No offence taken As I pointed out, having CorelDraw to convert to a usable format is the best way to go.
    IS is a usable workaround, but obviously CD will be the ultimate solution.
    Don't hold your breath for Xara to update their .CDR import filter either.. The two companies have history remember, which is very likely why support stops at version 5

Xara's import filter for .cmx files works well.

The attached .zip file contains a .cmx file exported from CorelDraw X4 after loading the original .cdr file.

You may find it very interesting to ungroup then select the motorhead shape then break shapes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I have an old copy of Corel Draw 4 that I have been saving should I ever decide to upgrade to the latest version of Draw.
    So I dug it out of storage and installed it to see if I could open this Motorhead image. But no such luck. Only error messages.

The interface of this program is so primitive. It feels as though I have been transported back to Windows 3.1
    Unfortunately I tried to remove it from my computer and found that it has no uninstall routine~!
    So the program is stuck in my computer. Sheesh !
    - Andy