Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Unhappy Re: Export from XPGD 6, Import to Flash CS4, Problems With Every Format

I understand the limitations of both Flash and Xara. That's not the issue. I'm not trying to do anything fancy. I've attached a very very simple Xara file with three circles: one solid yellow, one with a red gradient, and a blue one with 50% flat transparency. All three have an 8pt black constant outline. Export to SWF. Import into Flash. With my prior setup (Xara Xtreme and Flash 8) this worked perfectly. What's happening today (with XPGD6 and Flash CS4) is that only the red circle comes in as a plain shape with the proper color and outline. The other two are converted to instances of the same pure-white library symbol (a graphic), with advanced color effects applied, and the outlines just go away. The advanced color effect reproduces the proper colors at runtime it's no good for animating. Converting to editable shapes doesn't help. Does anybody know why this is happening? Is it Xara? Is it Flash? Is it me? Please help. You guys seem to not have this problem. Has anybody else ever seen this happen? Thanks, everyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files