Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Listened to and Applied, no look!

My overly creativity got the best of me, I have redone this site to reflect the customer, not my abilities, www.enerlightingusa.com tell me what you think.

The menu bar is made up of the actual technology and the backdrops are reflected of actual applications and technology.

I like the way this turned out.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ADVICE, more is always welcomed!
    Last edited by ruffino; 11 August 2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: poor spelling
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Default Re: Listened to and Applied, no look!

Hi Michael

You have done some very creative things here.

If I might suggest, however. The white transparent area with text is too transparent. The idea is to make the text readable will suggesting the photo under the white panel. I would decrease the amount of transparency.

And the buttons are not working for me. Because some of the type is larger than the buttons. Perhaps if you modified the button shapes to make them elliptical instead of circular you could achieve a similar effect and have the text on the buttons work better. Also, I would add some interactivity to the buttons.

Nit picks of course.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi Michael

You have done some very creative things here.

If I might suggest, however. The white transparent area with text is too transparent. The idea is to make the text readable will suggesting the photo under the white panel. I would decrease the amount of transparency.

And the buttons are not working for me. Because some of the type is larger than the buttons. Perhaps if you modified the button shapes to make them elliptical instead of circular you could achieve a similar effect and have the text on the buttons work better. Also, I would add some interactivity to the buttons.

Nit picks of course.
    Thank You, I was wondering about the buttons. What interactivity would you suggest?

I can modify the background there are a few things too I have to tweak after the upload I realized some things.
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Another thing to make note of - when you rotate text, as in the main body text on the "about" page that's in the angled box, that text becomes a graphic and will not get indexed by search engines. For some things, this is fine, but main text of the site should be text when you are done.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    Another thing to make note of - when you rotate text, as in the main body text on the "about" page that's in the angled box, that text becomes a graphic and will not get indexed by search engines. For some things, this is fine, but main text of the site should be text when you are done.

Just a thought.
    Excellent point! I went to the site and could not highlight words in those angled boxes, this explains that. I must fix this.

Can I ungroup them and still tilt them and have the text as a non graphic? I like the tilt. If not i will have to live with it straight.
    Last edited by ruffino; 12 August 2010 at 02:41 AM.
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

You will have to live with them straight if you want it to be text, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    You will have to live with them straight if you want it to be text, as far as I know.
    Your right, I tried it several ways, and on every preview I couldn't get it to work unless it was straight.
    Text is a must for search engines.
    I am redoing this today with a few more features, made the menu larger for better functionality, applied comments so far.
    Anymore criticisms this is the time
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Finished with this set of modifications www.enerlightingusa.co

What do you think? REALLY!

More input is appreciated and an adda boy is nice too
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Michael it seems your link is broken. I'm getting "page cannot be displayed".
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

What is your priority on this project - selling the technology or learning how to build a web site?