Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Paste options

Default Paste options

Did you know that the CD version of Pro contains some useful alternative Paste commands?

If you have copied objects from more than one layer onto the clipboard the normal Paste command will put those objects back into the layers they came from but sometimes you don't want it to do that.

So, Pro has two new commands which are accessible through key shortcuts:
    "Paste in current layer" - ignores the layers the objects came from and puts them all in the current layer
    "Paste in current layer at same position" - as above but retains their XY position on the page

By default those commands don't have shortcuts but you can assign them in the "Customise key shortcuts" dialog (you'll find them in the "Edit Menu" category).

You can either assign unused key shortcuts to them so that you have access to all the different paste commands on different shortcuts. Or, if you always want objects to paste into the current layer and you're feeling slightly braver, replace the existing paste shortcuts with the new commands:
    I.e. Assign Ctrl+V to "Paste in current layer" and Ctrl+Shift+V to "Paste in current layer at same position" and remove the original assignments.

Phil

Default Re: Paste options

Phil,
    Thanks for the information. Nice new feature; could have used it quite a bit in the past. I haven't gotten around to installing the CD version but now I have a good reason to get it done.

thanks Phil

good to see that in the UI
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That is very interesting! I'm still waiting for my CDs to arrive. I figure that since I played around with the trial for over a week, and factoring in the trip from the UK to Canada and then the trip across Canada, If I'm lucky maybe by the end of the month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

That's great Phil. I go nuts sometimes when I cut objects from several layers at one time and paste in place only to find that some of the objects did not paste.

Excellent! Thanks, Phil.

Friggin' awesome!

MANY thanks.