Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default object redraw function

I'm working in Designer Pro, and I've been working on an image for 5 days. Well, the scene is starting to redraw everytime I move a vector point. Is this because the file size is getting too big? (5mb file) I remember a couple years ago someone mentioned a keyboard command to stop something like that. I should've wrote it down. Well, any help would be much appreciated. Let me try the file on a faster computer and see if it does this redraw.
    Last edited by steps; 11 August 2010 at 06:08 PM.
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

Default Re: object redraw function

Should have written it down, I think you meant to say.

Is it possible to work on different parts of your drawing in different files and then combine all the parts when you are finished?

There is a Redraw option in Page Options > Tune-ups. It is set to Automatic by default. You can manually increase or decrease this amount.

The Help file says:

Redraw

The value set in this option is used when redrawing the document on the screen and during exporting and printing. Normally automatic gives the best results, but if you have an old computer with limited memory you can specify a lower value. This may, however, slow down redraws.

Default Re: object redraw function

Thanks teach I was thinking about rendering the scene out and bringing the parts in as .psd files and have them just as images. I'm sure that would really cut down on the size. The image is going to be printed as a vinyl wall mural at 400 dpi. I guess I could test it out and see how it works. The print is for a friend and not the most important project I've ever worked on. Well, I'm going to work on my new laptop to finish it up. My upstairs computer is out of date, its a 2 years old
    Last edited by steps; 11 August 2010 at 08:41 PM.
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.