Hi,
I am using Xara X on a large complex Rendering with many layers. The drawing was started in Xara 2. It is a Range Keeper Mark 8, mod 21 form the Battleship Massachusetts to be useed as a teaching aid and consists of many dials with grouped indicies grouped so that the dials can be rotated to show different settings. I started useing X because it allowed be to drop in shadows and making gauge bezels is a snap. Also ingraved labels are easily editable and very beleaveable. I have several digital photos of the actual range keeper on a back layer to use as reference, so the whole thing is quite complex and is a large file. The problem I've run into is repeated Access Violation crashes. The all have ocured 15 or 20 minutes into a session and all as I am doing more ore less the same thing. I have just completed a dial on a layer near the back that is intended to peek out of an opening on the instrument face. I created the dial off to the side because it is mostly hiddin and it is easier to make if I do so over one of the photos that has the info. I make a copy (cntl K) and start to move it under the inistrument when if get the error message. The only option that works id to exit Xara. The file does not seem to be harmed. Is this a "bug" or does it have to do with some limit in drawing complexity? It has happened 3 times but dials I have created without crashing are OK and I can continue to progress. (I just have to save often)!
Thanks for a great program
John