Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I stop X6 from opening every XAR file as animation

How do I stop X6 from opening every .XAR file created in any version before 6 as animation?
    I never made any animation , so I never saved anything as animation, don't have the animation toolbar up, but X6 (not Pro) opens the animation tool bar , the animation frame gallery and all that #$%^& (tender souls protection prevents me from saying what I really think , whenever I open a .XAR that was not made in X6. Not only that , if I close the anim stuff and switch to another window in X6 , the animation stuff is back when I return to the "offending" image. Gone back to 5 for the time being.

Default Re: How do I stop X6 from opening every XAR file as animation

Ack! $%#$%&@#!!!! is right.

I have never heard of this happening. I wonder if something got corrupted during your installation?

You can try a complete uninstall (and remove any remaining X6 folders in your C:/Program Files or C:/Program Files (x86) folder).

Then reboot your computer and reinstall.

Be sure to save any custom templates you have created to a new folder because they will be lost in the process.

Mine did that in version 5 as well as the designer pro 6

alan

Re-installing worked for one single file then it went back to the animation festivities , had a few other issues too. Don't have time for this stuff, X5 worked fine so that will have to do. Told Gaddesden that I was no longer interested in X6 or the CD and that they were free to use the $30 on extra beta testing of X7.
    Could be that after 15 years using the same tool I'm due for something new.

Hein and Alan, what you're experiencing is not a common problem. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed. It does mean that it's harder to address. And no matter how thoroughly a product is tested, it's impossible to cover all the potential environments and situations in which the product may be used.

I routinely open and work with files from earlier versions without incident. Just now, I opened files made with previous versions in successive years going back to 2000. None of these files opened as an animation.

Did you create a support ticket?

Allison