Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opera Browser

Default Re: Opera Browser

I think that anything that breathes longer life into ie6 should be avoided..

Seriously, the ie6 figures are skewed by goverment sites and all kinds of backwaters and for many sites ie6 doesn't really figure in the population of visitors.

Ultimately, if you're using Xara HTML generation, it shouldn't be a problem for the developer.

I think that anything that breathes longer life into ie6 should be avoided..
    Absolutely. Google does not recommend or support IE6 anymore and a lot of web developers and designer forums are on board and that's good enough for me.

BUT... I still have clients that are unfortunately tied to it company wide and until their IT department upgrades, then I'll have to still deal with IE6

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    Google does not recommend or support IE6 anymore
    ... for both the consumer and enterprise versions of Google Docs and Sites. I just want to make it clear, for those people reading this and who are confused, that your statement has nothing to do with Google's search engine results pages. Sites that look really bad in IE6 will still be displayed in the organic and paid-for Google results.

As an aside, the only browsers that will be fully compatible with Google apps are IE7.0+, Firefox 3.0+, Google Chrome 4.0+ and Safari 3.0+. Not Opera.

Very true Beretgascon that Google still shows search results but it doesn't change the fact they are encouraging developers and web designers at large to avoid the non standard and outdated browser I sure like Chrome and have been fooling around with ie9 which is looking positive in its realy incarnation too.

Cheers

I understood your point, I simply clarified it for the benefit of those people who may have gone EEK thinking their IE6 standards* website was about to disappear from the Google serps

* "IE6" and "standards"... isn't that an oxymoron?

What's wrong with IE6? It's supported in Web Designer. You don't have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Add.O.B. View Post
    What's wrong with IE6? It's supported in Web Designer. You don't have to worry about it.
    I think we just strayed outside of the WD world, that's all.

Oh, I see. So now I must run and hide from admins, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Add.O.B. View Post
    Oh, I see. So now I must run and hide from admins, right?
    Only if you want to.

I meant that the discussion on the merits of ie6 before your post had probably strayed from WD6, since as you say (and as I did say) it shouldn't matter to WD users.

On the admins. Running and hiding does no good. They will get you.. ;-)
    Last edited by pauland; 22 July 2010 at 08:36 AM.

Oh. I see. Don't run away from your fate, eh?