Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using Xara Xtreme 5 Themes in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

I've just upgraded from Xara Xtreme 5 to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 and have noticed many less web themes included than in Xara Xtreme. I have downloaded & installed the extra content, so unless there are more web themes installed when I install the CD when it arrives, it appears to me that Xara have reduced the web theme library options to encourage you to buy the Web Designer 6 package. I own this anyway, but this is a tip for folk who want to use the old themes without buying Web Designer 6 which they may not need. Also you may wish to work with the extra drawing features of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 using the old themes from Xara Xtreme.
    Start up Xara Xtreme 5, open up a web library, double click 1 object at a time to create one page only, save the Xara file to a folder on the desktop, then close the page & double click the next object in the library. Keep going until you have a folder on your desktop containing all the objects in the theme. You can then start up Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 & drag & drop objects from your folder into the program. I apologise for the simplicity of the tip, but it hadn't occured to me straight away!
    Also a question, you can change the skin of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 to the white skin by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S, although this works, the info bar at the bottom becomes black text on dark grey, how can I correct this as I like the white skin?

Default Re: Using Xara Xtreme 5 Themes in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

Hi
    I'm sure there will be at least as much content on the CD as with previous versions but in the meantime you can link to your previously installed version (5?) and use the resources from there.
    Open your designs gallery. Click disc designs and navigate to the designs folder on your previous installation.
    ie programs>xara>pro5>clipart and then click add. this should link to the clip art in this folder and be available via Designer 6 design gallery............it is on mine anyway. Otherwise if 5 is no longer installed you can import fills, fonts, clipart/templates from previous disk(s).
    Derek

Hi Stevey,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Xara did not include the Web Designer 6 features in the Photo & Graphic Designer 6 version. This may be why the download templates contain less web templates. The CD will probably contain fewer web templates as well.

When you use the Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S to switch the "skin", the status bar remains dark, but only until you close and restart XPGD6. From that time on it will be the lighter interface that we are all familiar with from previous versions.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thankyou for your help everyone, very happy to have the white skin back. The library link tip has now worked, having drilled down to the contents of the clipart folder rather than just merely highlighting the clipart folder, now a happy customer, the full library of Xtreme 5 along with the Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 library! Feel like I haven't lost anything now.

Kind regards

Steve
    Last edited by Stevey; 17 July 2010 at 05:43 PM.