Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Cartoon shark

Hybrid View

Default Re: Cartoon shark

You're improving very quickly Eric. The shark is a good start on the path to developing your freehand skills.

If that shark's smile gets much wider you'll have a fine drawing of a decapitated shark.

Seriously though, good work.

Nice job Eric, I like it.

Merv

Nice work, Eric - it made me smile, too.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Thanks for all the kind comments. I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with it myself.

I think that when I get off work tonight, I'm going to try to do a cartoon that I've seen in the book, but not try to reproduce it from the book. In other words, I have an idea of how to draw the cartoon, but I'm going to draw it without any visual reference. So it should be more my own work. I am starting to think about how I would represent a thing in a cartoon-ish manner. Weather or not I can actually represent it is another manner altogether, but I do think it is a big step in my development. Artist's eye and all that.

I'm going to have to start carrying around a pencil and paper so I can doodle more.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

way to go Eric

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post

If that shark's smile gets much wider you'll have ..
    ....used a very well established cartoon technique - I believe some call it 'out of bounds' ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Right on, handrawn. Though, I prefer to refer to the technique as 'visual hyperbole'.