Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dilaco View Post
    The new realtime mode for the freehand drawing tool is the right idea, but what about the line wobbling around like that? Is this something that we’ll get used to or is it something that will become more and more irritating with prolonged use? Is there the option to go back to the old way of the nice stable blue line? I use the freehand tool a lot and this wobble could be the factor that will stop me from upgrading.
    I didn't like it at first but I quickly got used to it. If you want to disable it there is a little Live Drag Indicator icon in the lower right corner you can double click. Then it goes back to the old non-wobbly blue line behavior. You can see a demonstration of this in my YouTube video Cartooning with Xara Designer Pro 6 - Part 2 around 0:55. But I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade as the freehand tool is now considerably better than it ever was in past versions, in my opinion, and has increased my productivity.

the 'wobble' seems to be a result of the interaction of live drag and smoothing

so an alternative to switching off the live drag is to turn the smoothing slider right down to 0

mind you you then need a steady hand...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Zeb and SJ. It is always reassuring to have the option of returning to the old familiar.

Default Re: 6.1.1 versions released

Just wondering, as the licence key allows for three installs and I've already done one. Will this count as another install?

alanti

No, don't worry. It means installation on three machines
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Oh right, thanks

Thanks. This is great software. Better than the rest.

I love Xara, but there is still one huge feature which is missing.

OSX.

This software is too good to be a windows only software. WE WANT A MAC VERSION :-)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I'. actually a little frustrated with Designer Pro 6.

I love all my Xara products, particularly the Extreme Pro line. I always buy the latest, greatest whenever Xara issues new versions, which I did with Designer Pro 6.

Well, I got it all installed and now I can't get thumbnail views of any of my .xar files! I have to actually open up DP6 and even then I can't get a thumbnail view unless I actually click on every cotton-picking file! In previous versions (I tended to default to Extreme Pro 4, even though I have Pro 5 as well), I had instantly viewable thumbnail views so I could quickly and visually identify files I was looking for.

This is completely unproductive and time-consuming, to the point that I have uninstalled DP6. I'm hoping if I restore to an earlier version, I will again have instantly viewable thumbnail views.

If there is any fix for this, please let me know. Otherwise, I will have purchased DP6 for nothing because I can't use a product where I have to tediously open every darn file in order to see if it's the one I'm looking for.

Okay, I am really, really ****ed at this point... I just installed the program and have gone back to using XPro4, but the thumbnails have not been restored.

I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS WHATSOEVER!!!! Xara, please get back to me on this. I need this FIXED!